The Napa County Office of Emergency Services (OES) provides information about emergency preparedness, response and recovery; maintains and updates county emergency plans as needed; and trains the community for disasters.
Anticipated storms may bring heavy rains and flooding to Northern California this winter. Scientists say a number of factors influence the amount of precipitation that will actually fall. Napa County OES wants you to be prepared for the worst case scenario. This information can help you make informed decisions about how to be safe. Click here to learn more.
Community Emergency Response Training
Participate in a weeklong training designed to help you take care of yourself, your loved ones and your neighbors in an emergency.
Sheriff Search and Rescue Unit
SAR's trained volunteers are on-call 24 hours a day, ready for urban or wilderness searches. Find out more about training and volunteering.
Find volunteer opportunities
The Volunteer Center of Napa Valley helps to mobilize community members, businesses and non-profits in an emergency.
Take the time to consider what your family will do in an emergency.
Emergency Supply list
Gather some supplies before an emergency happens to ensure your family's comfort and safety.
Living on SHAKY GROUND - Start today! Prepare - Protect - Recover
HOW TO SURVIVE EARTHQUAKES AND TSUNAMIS IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
NCFF is a community-based fire awareness program designed by city and county fire professionals to educate the residents of Napa County on the dangers wildland fire poses to them and their community. The program also provides specific steps each person can take to protect themselves, their family and their neighbors in the event a wildland fire occurs.
Wildfire Is Coming
More information from CalFire on the 3 simple steps you can take to prepare and defend your property and family from wildfire.
The Red Cross has recommended that you keep emergency supplies on hand at work
If you don't know your workplace emergency and evacuation plan, be sure to ask about it.
Comprehensive emergency planning Web site for your family, on the City of San Francisco's Web site
- Register for Nixle alerts to your email or cell phone!
- Our Home page will always have the most up-to-date information in an emergency
- Listen to KVON radio (1440 AM) for emergency updates
- Call (707) 299-1595 for Napa County road conditions (recorded information, for use when EOC is activated only)
- Call (707) 299-1593 for Napa County emergency public information (recorded information, for use when EOC is activated only)
- Follow Napa County Office of Emergency Services on Facebook
- Subscribe to Nixle text updates on your phone or computer
- See road closures on our GIS site
- Visit ready.gov to get information for your group, class, homeowners' association, etc.
(The following links take you to 72hours.org, an emergency and preparedness site hosted and maintained by the City and County and San Francisco)
Get Back to NORMAL
Immediately following a disaster or in an emergency, contact the Napa County Red Cross if you need food and shelter.
The Red Cross site also offers valuable information on how to get back to normal after a disaster - physically, financially and emotionally.
Following a natural disaster, visit the Napa County OES pages for information on FEMA recovery assistance.