Conservation Division


Conservation DivisionPlanning, Building & Environmental Services


About Us





Environmental Health


Citizen Portal Your place to find Permits and Application Status

!!! Important Earthquake Information !!!

Resources for Earthquake Recovery  


Beware of Contractor Scams and Unlicensed Contractors

Q & A- Contractor Scams - English

Q & A- Contractor Scams - Spanish


Building Permits Resources Post Earthquake

Red Tag and Yellow Tag Buildings in Napa County


Earthquake Related Building Inspections:

  • If you are looking for an emergency inspection due to the earthquake, and their property is in the county, call (707) 299-1998 to request an inspection. Leave the requested info, and an inspection will be scheduled. This is for quake damage ONLY.
  • If you need an inspection within the City limits regarding earthquake damage, contact the City of Napa Building Department at (707) 257-9540 or call the City Building Inspection line at (707) 258-7829.

Regular Building Inspections (not quake related):

  • We are currently scheduling for next week. Please call (707) 253-4416 to schedule an inspection.

Same Day Permits:                                                                                                                                                 


Safety Hazards Management after an Earthquake  

Food Facilities Safety  


Drinking Water and Safety Options

Boiling Water

Appendix to Bolling Water

Chlorination of Water Wells



Conservation Division

Contact Us:

The Conservation Division is available for consultation and application processing services weekdays (excluding holidays) from 8:00 am to 4:45 pm. If you have questions about erosion control plans, agricultural preserve (Williamson Act) contracts, mining inspections/permits, lot line adjustments, as well as a number of other land use/planning applications, please use the informational links provided, visit us at our public counter, or give us a call.


Main Phone: (707) 253-4417  Toll Free: (877) 279-2976
Main Fax: (707) 253-4336  Main E-mail:


Erosion Control Plans

Evaluation of agricultural/vineyard or development plans on slope over 5% for conformance with Conservation Regulations and the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).

Williamson Act Ag. Contracts

A state program enabling the County to enter into contract with land owners to voluntarily restrict parcel use to agricultural in return for preferential property tax assessments.

Mine & Quarry Oversight

Conducts annual inspections and review of reclamation plans and security assurances. If you'd like to learn more about this program contact Brian Bordona at 707-253-4417.


Many Division staff serve as support-staff for a number of special committees and boards, including:

The Napa County Wildlife Conservation Commission, an eight member commission that advises the Board of Supervisors on policy matters and local funding proposals (via grant cycle offered annually in August) that preserve and enhance wildlife and their habitats in Napa County;


The Watershed Information Center & Conservancy (WICC) Board of Napa County - Look for us in our new location - Public Works Department, Flood Control & Water Resources

Napa County Regional Parks and Open Space District

The Napa County Regional Parks and Open Space District, a special district governed by a directly elected board of directors authorized to plan, improve and operate a system of public parks, trails, outdoor recreational facilities, and outdoor science and conservation education programs, as well as to protect and preserve natural areas, wildlife habitat and other open space resources of Napa County; and


The Napa County Groundwater Resources Advisory Committee- Look for us in our new location - Public Works Department, Flood Control & Water Resources