Napa County's elected officials, appointed officials and staff are committed to transparency on compensation. To make it easier to find a comprehensive set of information on pay and benefits, this Compensation Information page has been developed.
Napa County timely provides information on salary and other benefits to the State Controller’s Office each year in compliance with Government Code section 53891. The information provided by Napa County for calendar years 2009, 2010, and 2011 is available online here. The State Controller anticipates posting the 2012 Reporting and Publication Information in December 2013/January 2014.
Board of Supervisors
Supervisors Brad Wagenknecht, Mark Luce, Diane Dillon, Bill Dodd, and Keith Caldwell are each paid $7,017.00 monthly.
Benefits available to the Board of Supervisors
Below are the monthly salaries and benefits of elected officials as of June 22, 2013.
Assessor-Recorder/County Clerk John Tuteur is paid $13,981.00 monthly
Auditor-Controller Tracy Schulze is paid $13,837.00 monthly
District Attorney Gary Lieberstein is paid $16,581.00 monthly
Treasurer-Tax Collector Tamie Frasier is paid $13.445.00 monthly
Sheriff-Coroner John Robertson is paid $16,550.00 monthly
Benefits available to Elected Officials
Below are the monthly salaries and benefits of appointed officials as of June 22, 2013.
- Agricultural Commissioner/Sealer of Weights & Measures Dave Whitmer* is paid $12,610.00 monthly
- Chief Probation Officer Mary Butler is paid $13,543.00 monthly
- County Counsel Minh Tran* is paid $16,980.00 monthly
- County Executive Officer Nancy Watt is paid $19,805.00 monthly
- Director of Child Support Services Janet Nottley is paid $12,981.00 monthly
- Director of Corrections Lenard Vare is paid $12,981.00 monthly
- Director of Planning, Building and Environmental Services Hillary Gitelman is paid $14,080.00 monthly
- Director of Health & Human Services Randy Snowden is paid $16,051.00 monthly
- Director of Public Works Steven Lederer is paid $14,510.00 monthly
- Director of Library Services Danis Kreimeier is paid $12,078.00 monthly
- Public Defender Ronald Abernethy paid $14,373.00 monthly
Benefits available to Appointed Officials
*Have individual contracts that are approved by the Board of Supervisors
All Napa County Classifications and Benefits
County employees are represented by two employee groups which agree to compensation terms through the use of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
- SEIU Local 1021-NAPE
- Deputy Sheriff's Association
Follow this link to the MOU page containing the full agreements with each of the above employee groups.
Follow this link to view a complete list of all Napa County job descriptions and corresponding salaries.
Below are benefits summaries for each Napa County employee group: