Napa County's elected officials, appointed officials and staff are committed to transparency on compensation. To make it easier to find a comprehensive set of information on pay and benefits, this Compensation Information page has been developed.
Napa County timely provides information on salary and other benefits to the State Controller’s Office each year in compliance with Government Code section 53891. The information provided by Napa County for calendar years 2009, 2010, and 2011 is available online here. The State Controller anticipates posting the 2012 Reporting and Publication Information in December 2013/January 2014.
Board of Supervisors
Supervisors Brad Wagenknecht, Mark Luce, Diane Dillon, Keith Caldwell, and Alfredo Pedroza are each paid $7,245 monthly.
Benefits available to the Board of Supervisors
Below are the monthly salaries and benefits of elected officials as of December 20, 2014.
Assessor-Recorder/County Clerk John Tuteur is paid $14,387 monthly
Auditor-Controller Tracy Schulze is paid $14,239 monthly
District Attorney Gary Lieberstein is paid $17,063 monthly
Treasurer-Tax Collector Tamie Frasier is paid $13,835 monthly
Sheriff-Coroner John Robertson is paid $17,200 monthly
Benefits available to Elected Officials
Below are the monthly salaries and benefits of appointed officials as of December 20, 2014.
- Agricultural Commissioner/Sealer of Weights & Measures Greg Clark* is paid $11,208 monthly
- Chief Probation Officer Mary Butler is paid $13,936 monthly
- County Counsel Minh Tran* is paid $18,214 monthly
- County Executive Officer Nancy Watt is paid $20,381 monthly
- Director of Child Support Services Janet Nottley is paid $13,359 monthly
- Director of Corrections Lenard Vare is paid $13,359 monthly
- Director of Planning, Building and Environmental Services David Morrison is paid $13,816 monthly
- Director of Health & Human Services Howard Himes is paid $16,517 monthly
- Director of Public Works Steven Lederer is paid $16,659 monthly
- Director of Library Services Danis Kreimeier is paid $12,428 monthly
- Public Defender Ronald Abernethy paid $15,513 monthly
Benefits available to Appointed Officials
*Have individual contracts that are approved by the Board of Supervisors
All Napa County Classifications and Benefits
County employees are represented by two employee groups which agree to compensation terms through the use of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
- SEIU Local 1021-NAPE
- Deputy Sheriff's Association
Follow this link to the MOU page containing the full agreements with each of the above employee groups.
Follow this link to view a complete list of all Napa County job descriptions and corresponding salaries.
Below are benefits summaries for each Napa County employee group: