Self Sufficiency Services Health and Human Services Agency

latina woman on computer

 CalWORKs Employment Services

CalWORKs Employment Services administers Welfare-to-Work employment services for Napa County families receiving public assistance/cash aid or TANF (Temporary Assistance to Needy Families) is financial help for eligible needy families who have lost or had a reduction in their income. The goal of the program is to help families reach self-sufficiency and reduce or eliminate their need for cash assistance.

Services include comprehensive case management and job preparation services by professional employment service specialists. Participants receive individualized Welfare-to-Work plans that may include:

  • Vocational assessment
  • Mental health, substance abuse or domestic abuse evaluations
  • Vocational training
  • Educational activities
  • Job search
  • Identification of barriers to employment and counseling services to address barriers
  • Supportive services such as child care, transportation assistance, clothing and tools
  • Support to pregnant teens and parenting teens

Participants are referred to the CalWORKs Employment Program by their Eligibility Workers.

 Toll free: 1-800-464-4214 

 Phone: (707) 253-4511

 Fax: (707) 253-6095


Applying for Assistance is easy and can be done online at or in person at either of our offices.



Napa County Office
Public Assistance, Building A, 1st floor
2751 Napa Valley Corporate Drive
Napa, CA 94558
Toll free: 1-800-464-4214
Phone: (707) 253-4511

Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

American Canyon Office
City Hall Building, 1st floor
4381 Broadway, Suite 101
American Canyon, CA 94503
Toll free: 1-800-464-4214
Phone: (707) 253-4511

Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.