CalFresh (Food Stamps)


Self Sufficiency Services Health and Human Services Agency

latina woman on computer

 What is CalFresh?

CalFresh is California's version of the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) that provides assistance for households to purchase nutritious food. The program uses Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) to allow recipients to purchase food at retail stores and farmers markets using a plastic debit card. Visit the Official California CalFresh Site


Who May Be Eligible?

• US citizens (Except persons receiving SSI/SSP benefits)
• Legal Permanent Residents (Except persons receiving SSI/SSP benefits)


What Kind of Proof Is Needed?

While an eligibility worker can tell you exactly what you will need, You may be asked to provide things like:
• Identification (does not need to be a picture ID)
• Social Security number
• Proof of any income
• Proof of expenses - rent, utilities, childcare, medical expenses


How Much Income Can I Have?

That depends on a lot of things including the number of people who buy and prepare food with you and what expenses you have.




Household size 

 Maximum Gross Income 

 Maximum benefit amount 


$ 1,174   

$ 200


$ 1,579

$ 367


$ 1,984

$ 526


$ 2,389

$ 668


$ 2,794

$ 793


$ 3,200

$ 952


$ 3,605

$ 1,052


How Do I Apply for CalFresh?

There are several options available. You can apply online at, request an application be mailed to you, or pick one up at our office—2261 Elm Street, Napa CA 94559.


The Application Process

• Complete your application.
• One adult household member or authorized representative must sign the application for CalFresh benefits under penalty of perjury.
• Submit your application online from
Mail or bring your completed and signed application to:
2261 Elm Street, Napa CA 94559

Your application will be accepted on the same day it is turned in, even if there is no interview on that day.
When your application has been received, the we will set up an interview to go over your application.


A telephone or in person interview is required before certifying your household to get CalFresh benefits.
The interview may be held with the head of household, spouse, the authorized representative or any other responsible household family member.

Interactive Voice Response Telephone System-
We are pleased to introduce the new 24 hour access telephone number for our clients with active cases. You can call the Interactive Voice Response Telephone system (IVR) for information regarding:

• QR 7 Status • Office hours and location
• Benefit Amounts • Case status and activity
• Reimbursements • Medi-Cal share of cost

The number to call is: 1-877-410-8824