Napa County is vulnerable to flooding.
BE AWARE, BE PREPARED
- Know your risk and take action to reduce your risk.
- Stay away from rising creeks, streams and rivers.
- Don't drive through water on the roadway;
- during floods, more people die in their vehicles than anywhere else.
- Know how to leave the area quickly if you see water start to rise.
- Be aware of your surroundings and know your evacuation routes.
- Do not attempt to cross flowing water that may be more than six inches deep. If you have doubts, don't cross.
- Have an emergency preparedness kit. (Visit our disaster preparedness page)
- Choose a family meeting place and have a plan for how to communicate during an emergency.
- If you live in a flood-prone area, consider buying flood insurance.
- During threatening weather, listen to local radio or TV news channels for watch and warning bulletins:
- Flood Watch means it is possible that flooding will occur in a specified area. Be alert and prepared for a flood emergency.
- Flood Warning means flooding is occurring or is imminent in a specified area. Move to safe ground immediately.
(Download the brochure as a pdf)
Get Napa County Flood Facts!