Napa Valley Tourism Improvement District
The Napa Valley Tourism Improvement District (NVTID) promotes tourism throughout Napa County.
The District includes lodging businesses (hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts, etc.), which pay Transient Occupancy Taxes that are used to promote tourism. The District’s activities are funded by a 2% assessment on gross short term (less than 30 days) room rentals on lodging businesses. The assessment commenced on July 1, 2010. A portion of the assessments are dedicated for marketing efforts aimed at promoting tourism in each of the local jurisdictions.
The Napa County Supervisors on June 15, 2010, voted to adopt the Napa Valley Tourism Improvement Distict (NVTID), which includes the cities of American Canyon, Calistoga, Napa and St. Helena, the Town of Yountville, and the County’s unincorporated area. The incorporated areas had previously endorsed the plan.
The NVTID was formed under the provisions of the Property and Business Improvement District Law of 1994 (Streets and Highways Code Section 36600 et seq., hereafter "94 Act").
The NVTID management Plan calls for the NVTID to contract with an "owners association", which will be the Napa Valley Tourism Corporation, a non-profit corporation, to manage the overall non-local destination tourist promotion and marketing activities. Also, a Local Governance Committee makes recommendations on how the County’s 0.5% share of the assessment will be spent. The Board of Supervisors makes the final decision on this expenditure.
NAPA VALLEY TOURISM CORPORATION
Owners’ Association Chart
- Stan Boyd: American Canyon
- Michael Woods: Calistoga
- George Goeggel: Unincorporated County
- Felipe Barragan: Unincorporated County
- Don Shindle: Napa
- Jim Beazley: Napa
- Rick Swig: St. Helena
- Jim Treadway:Yountville
(Government/ Business Representatives):
- Mark Joseph: American Canyon City Council
- Jill Techel: Mayor, Napa City Council
- Steve Rogers: Yountville town manager
- Pam Simpson: St. Helena
- Richard Spitler: Calistoga interim city manager
- Diane Dillon: Napa County Board of Supervisors
- Clay Gregory: NVDC
LOCAL GOVERNANCE COMMITTEE
- George Goeggel: Auberge Resorts
- Philip Kendall: Carneros Inn
- Felipe Barragan: Chateau de Vie
- Anne Marie Conover: Meadowood
- Rex Stults: Napa Valley Vintners
- Keith Caldwell: Napa County Board of Supervisors
- Larry Florin: Napa County director of Housing & Intergovernmental Affairs